Saturday, July 6, 2013

Week 1

I found this article online and it related to what my group discussed in class on Wednesday. My group discussed about the “banking model” of education. I believe that in order to have a good “learning community” we should have more discussions. We can each continue to talk from each other’s points. Also let everyone have a say in what we should do and let everyone have a chance to teach the class something since the teacher may not know everything about that topic (so everyone can TEACH and LEARN from each other- no matter if you’re the teacher or a student).




This 4th of July, my family and I went to Marine Park’s nature trail. It was an amazing sight to see, since this was my first time going. It was as if the place was a well-kept secret of Brooklyn. It felt as if the trail was secluded from the urban world. Then you hear the small fireworks and bridges in the distance and realize your still in the city. There were flowers blooming and the beautiful, breath taking landscape. But one thing I really liked about the trail was how the community kept it clean. There were many signs telling people not to litter. The Marine Park community helps each other to keep the place beautiful so everyone else can also enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for responding to the question I posed with this relevant example from our own "back yard" and your thoughts on the kind of learning community we can create. I look forward to continuing this conversation in class and on line and to learning and teaching each other this summer!

    ReplyDelete